Thinking about planning a trip to one of the large cities of India? Well, if you are looking for an ideal destination to visit, then you seriously think about planning your trip to one of the most happening cities of this country – Bangalore. Situated in Karnataka, this major city of South India is a place where most people travel to when looking for jobs. Having generated numerous job opportunities in the past 10-15 years, the number of people flocking to Bangalore has increased by leaps and bounds. This is a very common known fact about this city, but what a lot of people do not know of is that Bangalore is also a city where many can travel to and witness some of the most serene places of the country here and around it. This is why Bangalore is becoming a well-known tourist spot as well in the recent years.
Travelling to Bangalore
Bangalore is one of the most well connected cities in the country. Being a metropolitan that experiences a heavy inflow of people every day, there are many flights throughout the day which connects with Bangalore from any other metropolitan of the country. Apart from that, you will get a lot of trains that connect with Bangalore as well. Buses and cars are also available if you wish to travel to the city. Within the city, public mode of commute includes autos and cabs mainly. So, travelling to this city will not be a problem at all.
How to plan your stay in Bangalore
Bangalore is a large city with quite a few places to visit. So, if you want to make the most of your trip, you will have to make sure that you plan out your trip accordingly. Here are some tips that will definitely help you to do that:
- Fix upon the number of people who want to visit. Have the headcount ready with you because without it, you will not be able to make any kind of arrangements without knowing the headcount. So, talk to your family members or friends, with whom you are planning a trip and have the headcount ready first.
- The next step for you would be to look for a place to stay. For hotels you will need to make your bookings beforehand since Bangalore is a busy city, and it might be difficult to find accommodation in the last minute. Choose your hotel carefully. If you are on a tight budget, then look for options for an economical stay in the city online, especially when staying for a longer period of time. If you are visiting to take a tour based out of the city, then look for plush hotels, and if you are interested in enjoying a nice and relaxed holiday within or outside the city, look for a resort in Bangalore that will suit your needs. There are quite a few outside the city as well, which makes for a perfect relaxed stay, so keep an eye out for them.
- When you book your hotel if you are planning on touring the city, make sure that you book one, which is centrally located so that you can access the various parts of the city with the ease of having transportation at your disposal.
- Keep an eye out for offers and deals, which are generally available online, which will help you to save a lot and avail a comfortable stay at the same time. So, this can prove to be beneficial for you.
- Always have your travel itinerary ready which should be planned out based on the duration of your step.
- And do not forget that you need to fix a budget for the trip to which you must try to stick to as much as possible for your own benefit.
Places you need to visit in Bangalore
There are many places to visit in the city as well as near it. So if you are planning your travel itinerary, here are some of the places that you can seriously consider visiting:
- Tipu Sultan Fort: Constructed in 1537, this is the fort of the famous Indian ruler, Tipu Sultan. It is located in the central area of the city and is a major tourist attraction. To make the most of your tour of the fort, try to visit it in the morning.
- Bangalore Palace: This structure was built under the patronage of Chamaraja Wodeyar, fashioned on the same lines of Windsor Castle in England. This is a palace of an endearing structure which will surely enthrall the artistic spirit in you.
- Government Museum: Do you share a penchant for history? Well, then head out to this 19th century museum in the city which has 18 galleries that contain some really significant historical artifacts. Take a day and tour through the galleries to get a good look at all the treasures that this museum has in store.
- St. Mary’s Basilica: The oldest church in the city, it calls for a must visit. It was originally built in the 17th century but was rebuilt almost a century later. A place of immense significance, you really need to visit this place at least once when in the city.
- Chola temples: The Cholas were some of the most important rulers of South India, and they have left the remains of their glorious reign in the form of temples. Do take time out and visit these temples, because they surely are a must.
- Nandi Hills: If you are looking for a quick getaway for the weekends, then plan a visit to the Nandi Hills. It is about 60 km away from the city. So, book a car and plan a trip to the hills if you want to enjoy the serenity that this place has to offer. This will make for a nice break from the city atmosphere.
Bangalore is one of the most happening tourist destinations of the country with quite a few places to visit both in and around the city. So, if you want to plan a nice trip, then you should definitely think of planning one to Bangalore.